Slideshows in iRev

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Dec 20 14:23:39 EST 2009

Stephen barncard wrote:

Oh! that one... yes I remember when (circa 1998)  I went through our old
web sites and removed all these redirects (very bad strategy from a CMS
point of view, a nightmare in fact) and I put all the redirects into a
single matrix file with a Rev cgi to drive 404's  to other pages. (I
still use it today... very sweet and easy to maintain and fast)

But I can see the utility here. No sure if there are pros or cons to
using this vs Javascript. One could add a button on the interface to
post "run" to the iRev page and then the iRev page would start inserting
this into the head... with the URL for the next slide updated on each
round. If the user clicks a "stop" button then the iRev page removes
this from the head and reverts to manual drive buttons....

I'll try it. Thanks!