[VOTE] Tool Palette dissapear randomly Report #8500

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Dec 19 13:41:42 EST 2009

Wilhelm wrote:
> On my medium-sized screen there is ample room besides the Rev tools
> stack to accommodate two open script editor windows side by side, so
> there is really no need to hide the tools stack in the default
> preferences settings.

At the heart of this issue is the question:  What would one expect to do
with layout tools while in a script editor?

That an IDE would dynamically provide progressive disclosure of features
specific to the task at hand isn't a bad thing, IMO.

But most importantly, as you noted, if it does it must do so reliably.

I appreciate your contribution to the RQCC on this.  If I used Rev's
script editor I'd toss a few votes toward it, but alas my 100 votes are
allocated to things I need in my own workflow.  Just the same, this type
of reliability is so important (scripting being as central to the user
experience in Rev as it is), I would encourage anyone affected by this
to consider adding a vote for it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World