[VOTE] Tool Palette dissapear randomly Report #8500

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Dec 18 16:32:44 EST 2009

On Thu Dec 17, 2009, J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com wrote:

> Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> > Today, while teaching how to use RevMedia 4.00 v950
> > to a group of teachers, the tool palette dissapear
> > and sometimes reappear when users click at the
> > open stack. Sometimes, the tool palette completely
> > dissapears and it was necessary to close the IDE and
> > restart RevMedia to use again the palette.
>
> Look in the preferences, in the Script Editor pane, to make sure that
> the palettes are not hidden when the script editor is open. The default
> setting is to hide them. When you click on the stack, they come back.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay

Jacque,

you had mentioned this possibility to solve this annoyance by setting
the behavior in preferences also when responding to my contribution to
thread "Rev IDE vs MetaCard IDE" of Dec 15 - including the advice to
change preferences for multiple script windows if needed.

Question is, should the default behavior in both cases not be the other
way round?

What is really gained by hiding the tools palette when the script editor
comes up - and it seems to me to be not only a matter of preferences,
but a real bug, that the tools palette does not reappear when closing
the editor via the close icon?

Both presently existing defaults are cases where the workflow is
needlessly interrupted, and could be taken as examples for needlessly
increasing the complexity of the Rev IDE.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke