Data Grid deployment question

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Dec 17 16:19:29 EST 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 4:16 PM, Josh Mellicker wrote:

>> revDataGridLibrary is not a library stack. It just needs to be in
>> memory.
>
> So, would one of these be better?
>
> go invisible stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev"?
>
> or just
>
> open stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev"?

I prefer:

put there is a stack "revdatagridlibrary.rev" into theStackIsNowInMemory

This loads the stack without issuing any messages to it or opening it.

>> No. You need to load the stack in memory before your stack that has
>> the data grid is opened in memory. At least that is what I've seen
>> in my tests.
>
> It seems to be working now with "start using" in preOpenStack... are
> there any problems we should be looking out for in particular? Or is
> it as simple as the data grid just won't work?

The Data Grid will not work. If you have everything working then you
are good to go (just switch to loading the stack in memory rather than
using it as a library).

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems