Rev IDE vs MetaCard IDE

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 16 13:09:42 EST 2009

Bernard Devlin wrote:
> Jacqueline
>
> Thanks for making this such an easy install.  I really am most
> grateful to the people who've kept this alive.  I'd reached the end of
> my tether trying to use Rev 3.5 and 4.0 on Linux.
>
> At least the Metacard IDE works about 98% of the way.  There are still
> some visual defects, but alas they seem to be in the engine.  I can at
> least edit scripts and read what's written on the IDE's menus.
>
> It's going to take a little getting used to, but at least I can use Rev.

You're welcome. Anyone trying out MC for the first time should note that
none of the "rev"-prefixed calls will work, since those are all scripted
into the Rev IDE; i.e., revPrintField, revGoURL, etc. If you need any of
that, you'll have to pull the handlers out of Rev and move them into
your own backscript. We're strictly bare-bones here. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com