regex/HTMLText question

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:58:47 EST 2009

Hi Chris,

As said by Jim Ault, I think that you have first to decide the list of whole
word forms you accept.
"space&use&space";"use&comma","use&dot"
=> " use ","use,","use.",".use",".use."...
Once your list prepared, substitute your word by a key that you will replace
at the fly by a word to search.

Then in a loop treats the different cases with the solution of Craig Newman
likes this:

repeat with aWord in wordList
    repeat with aRegex in regexList
        put replaceText(aRegex,"<w>",aWord) into wholeWordForm -- replace
the "<w>" key in your pattern by the word that you need
        get fld "yourField"
        replace wholeWordForm with "<box>" & wholeWordForm & "</box>" in it
    end repeat
end repeat

set the htmltext of fld "yourField" to it

This is a first approach because it encloses the word with its possible
punctuation.

-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best ! 8)