regex/HTMLText question

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:27:10 EST 2009

Thanks, Craig. Unfortunately, this doesn't quite work either. If I were to run:

replace "use" with "<box>use</box" in it

It would not only replace the whole word "use", but also the string "use" in the word "used", so I would end up with something like "<box>use</box>d", which is not the desired result.

On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:56 PM, DunbarX at aol.com wrote:

> Right, thanks to all.
>
> Chris', your original regex question could better be addressed by:
>
> on mouseup
>    get fld "yourField"
>    replace yourtext with "<box>" & yourtext & "</box>" in it
>    set the htmltext of fld "yourField" to it
> end mouseup
>
> This would be fast, and easily extendable, since we are just crunching
> data.
>
> Not that there isn't a good regex solution as well...
>
> Craig Newman

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.
www.readnaturally.com