Newbie Data Grid question

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Mon Dec 14 05:11:42 EST 2009

Le 13 déc. 09 à 22:10, James Hurley a écrit :

>> Bonjour,
>>

>> Le 13 déc. 09 à 19:53, James Hurley a écrit :
>>
>> > I am just getting into data grid fields and can't find first base.
>> >
>> > I can't find anything on data grids  in the Dictionary. Is this
>> > coming?
>>
>> You could download the manual at :
>> http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7309-How-Do-I-Populate-a-Data-Grid-With-Data-
>> >
>> > Following the tutorial I tried the following:
>> >
>> > put field "data" into tData
>> > --This is a tab delimited text field with the first line being the
>> > column names
>> > put true into pFirstLineContainsHeaders
>>
>> try set the pFirstLineContainsHeaders to true
>>
>> > set the dgText [ pFirstLineContainsHeaders ] of group "DataGrid 2"
>> > to tData
>> >
>> > This does nothing.
>>
>> In the chapter "How do I populate a data grid with Data ?
>> one found this :
>> "Note that if pFirstLineContainsHeaders is true then the columns must
>> already exist in your data grid
>> table in order to be displayed."
>> Does your columns already exist ?
>
> Thanks Andre,
>
> Yes the columns already exist.
>
> If I set pFirstLineContainsHeaders to false, the field is populated
> with data but the columns are set to Col 1, Col 2 etc.
>
> If I then set set pFirstLineContainsHeaders to true (with the
> columns already set to Col 1, Col 2, etc.) the columns remain
> unchanged but the body of the text is empty.
>
> I did download the Manual. That is where I got this information
> from. Very perverse.
>

> Jim Hurley

Bonjour Jim,

Your are right ; I just made a new stack with a data grid "dGrid" and
a field "source"
created the columns manually in the inspector (col 1, col 2 etc)
In the field, the first tab delimited line includes the names for the
columns.

Then

    set the pFirstLineContainsHeaders of grp "dGrid" to true -- or,
yes,  put true into pFirstLineContainsHeaders as well
    put fld "source" into tData
    set the dgText ["pFirstLineContainsHeaders"] of group "Dgrid" to
tData

does not work as expected : the columns names keep being "Col 1, Col 2
etc"
and the first line of tData keeps being the first line of Dgrid :-((

Did not notice that before, as up to now, I did not use
"pFirstLineContainsHeaders", I manually create the columns names and
labels (an habit from the beginning of the dataGrid I guess!!)

Sorry, I don't know what we are missing! Sure Trevor will help
soon ;-)))

Best regards from Grenoble
André