Rev IDE vs MetaCard IDE

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Dec 13 19:34:28 EST 2009

Speaking of IDEs, Jerry's tRev is kind of a 'remote' IDE with his little
agents running around. I found out about another 'feature' that was there
from the beginning.

When your stack or Rev crashes, tRev stays running  and doesn't freak out.
It just sits there, with your current scripts. So you can cut the text of
the script you were working on into a text editor for a moment,  quit tRev,
and re-launch both.  No it  won't connect the new script you didn't save but
it's easy to paste/replace. The point is - stability and isolation is
something really important in a programming situation.

It's also prettier than the MC IDE.
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev