Newbie Data Grid question

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 13 16:10:00 EST 2009

> Bonjour,
>

> Le 13 déc. 09 à 19:53, James Hurley a écrit :
>
> > I am just getting into data grid fields and can't find first base.
> >
> > I can't find anything on data grids  in the Dictionary. Is this
> > coming?
>
> You could download the manual at :
> http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7309-How-Do-I-Populate-a-Data-Grid-With-Data-
> >
> > Following the tutorial I tried the following:
> >
> > put field "data" into tData
> > --This is a tab delimited text field with the first line being the
> > column names
> > put true into pFirstLineContainsHeaders
>
> try set the pFirstLineContainsHeaders to true
>
> > set the dgText [ pFirstLineContainsHeaders ] of group "DataGrid 2"
> > to tData
> >
> > This does nothing.
>
> In the chapter "How do I populate a data grid with Data ?
> one found this :
> "Note that if pFirstLineContainsHeaders is true then the columns must
> already exist in your data grid
> table in order to be displayed."
> Does your columns already exist ?

Thanks Andre,

Yes the columns already exist.

If I set pFirstLineContainsHeaders to false, the field is populated
with data but the columns are set to Col 1, Col 2 etc.

If I then set set pFirstLineContainsHeaders to true (with the columns
already set to Col 1, Col 2, etc.) the columns remain unchanged but
the body of the text is empty.

I did download the Manual. That is where I got this information from.
Very perverse.

Jim Hurley