Newbie Data Grid question

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sun Dec 13 14:49:41 EST 2009

Bonjour,

Le 13 déc. 09 à 19:53, James Hurley a écrit :

> I am just getting into data grid fields and can't find first base.
>
> I can't find anything on data grids  in the Dictionary. Is this
> coming?

You could download the manual at :
http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7309-How-Do-I-Populate-a-Data-Grid-With-Data-

> Following the tutorial I tried the following:
>
> put field "data" into tData
> --This is a tab delimited text field with the first line being the
> column names
> put true into pFirstLineContainsHeaders

try set the pFirstLineContainsHeaders to true

> set the dgText [ pFirstLineContainsHeaders ] of group "DataGrid 2"
> to tData
>
> This does nothing.

In the chapter "How do I populate a data grid with Data ?
one found this :
"Note that if pFirstLineContainsHeaders is true then the columns must
already exist in your data grid
table in order to be displayed."
Does your columns already exist ?

> But if I put False into pFirstLineContainsHeaders the field is
> filled with tData but the columns are Col 1, Col 2, etc.
>
> What am I missing?

HTH

Best regards from Grenoble

André