Trevor's wonderful QT External and 30 inch monitors

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Thu Dec 10 19:42:00 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> I am having a problem using the QT ext with the qtFlipMovie param set to horizontal,"yes"
> On 24 inch and smaller monitors the videos flip just fine.  On 30 inch monitors the video is not flipped.  Anyone else seeing that?

Some very helpful list members took a look at the problem on their own hardware while using our software and provided some helpful results.  In short, something is not working correctly with the QT external and flipping a video so that it appears mirrored on 30 inch displays.  Under certain conditions the video mirrored.  We are guessing it has something to do with the codec used but are not sure.  I am going to attempt to make a player that matches a 30inch display resolution on one of my 24inch displays and see if it renders the same results.  All findings will be sent to Trevor.  It is a free external so I understand this may not be a high priority.  Special thanks to Wolfgang Happe and Christopher Rosien for providing detailed results.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com