Revlets and firewalls

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 10:49:00 EST 2009

Hiya,

The app location is irrelevant if it's a firewall issue. In this
instance the firewall would need ports 20 and 21 open for ftp to go
through.
Usually port 80 (or 8080) is open as this is used for standard http
browsing protocol.

If you try to telnet (from a command line/terminal prompt to port 21
(telnet 'ipaddress' 21 or telnet domain.com 21) and you do not
receive a positive response then the port is blocked.

Cheers,

Luis.