put URL doesn't work on windows

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 06:08:57 EST 2009

On 9 Dec 2009, at 08:34, Ludovic Thébault wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With Revolution 2.91
>
> To update my application, i created a script to see on a web site if there are updates available.
> It work fine under Macos X.
> But doesn't work under Windows XP.
>
> After test, a simple script like this :
>
> put URL "http://www.runrev.com"
> put cr & the result after msg
>
> display "invalid host adress" on the message box under windows but display the html code of the web page under Macos X.
>
> What happened ???
>
> I've tried on a real pc and a virtual pc, it's the same (no firewall, internet connection is good, url is good...)

"invalid host address" suggests it's failing on a hostNameToAddress call, which suggests DNS problems. But if other net applications are working, it sounds strange. I don't have 2.9.1 on XP here, but 3.0 works OK. Can you test the following, but try with some different host names.

on mouseUp
 put hostNameToAddress("www.runrev.com")
 if the result is not empty then answer the result
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
 put hostNameToAddress("google.com")
 if the result is not empty then answer the result
end mouseUp

etc.

Dave