storing a stack as a customprop

Ron runrevron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 02:55:18 EST 2009

As a follow up to this -
I am storing my prefs  in a stack that starts as a custprop and is
spit out  when the application starts. The resulting stack is
referenced throughout the application and data saved to it. It is not
outputted each time the app starts (unless the user deletes the file),
but it is written to and saved each time a preference is changed. When
a stack is included in the standalone build there is an option to
encrypt the stack.

However, the file that results (is outputted?) from the method above
is readable by any text editor. Is there a way to encrypt this stack
created from a custprop?

Thanks for your help,
Ron

BTW another approach to the problem below is to two step it:

put "binfile:" & filepath into filepath
set the storedStack of stack "updateList" to URL filepath