Relayering grouped groups

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 15:34:19 EST 2009

I have several groups, each consisting of an image with an external reference, and a few graphics They are grouped together in an overall group.  They slide about under user control, and unsurprisingly sometimes overlap.  I want users to be able to click on an image and have it come to the front, relative to the other images.  Obviously the controls within the group  containing the image needs to move en mass bounded by the layers contained within the owning group.  For good reasons, the owning group is not the top most layer, and may shuffle forward and back during use.

I can understand why this would be a bit tricky within a script, but I am just getting nowhere.  I had assumed that as long as I knew the range of layers contained within the owning group, I would be able to shuffle owned groups around within that range.  Doesn't seem to be so.

The user guide is less than explicit, and I have tried to see how the 'size and position pane' relayers groups, but with no success.

Any helpful pointers?

David Glasgow