Looking for advice for RevMedia presentation

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:04:18 EST 2009

Hi George,

George C Brackett wrote:

> One other thought, Alejandro.  Teachers and Developers may very well
> be quite different audiences, so when you gather the information be sure
> to note any differences. It's possible that the homework should be in
> two sets, one for folks who are used to developing software and have
> tech chops, and another for newbies who will need much more hand-holding
> and much simpler goals. Twice the work, I know, but more likely to succeed
> with such a broad audience.

That's exactly my concern. For this reason, i am planning to showcase
the works of teachers (first) and developers (later).

I will ask they to install RevMedia and RevWeb plugin in every machine
of their Computer Laboratory.

First lesson should be to create a simple stack and save for web.
Then run this revlet locally, and later upload to a website to run
from the internet.

In this first lesson, i plan to teach them:
a) Create a new stack, set stack dimensions, show/hide backdrop
(show them other possibilities of using stacks with custom shapes,
transparencies, and animation) Background Colors/Textures, Fonts
settings.
b) Create cards, and different types of transitions between cards.
c) Types of controls available (Text Fields, Images, Buttons, Graphics,
Movies, Sounds, Groups). Place controls and change their attributes.
e) Three commands: Show, Hide and Go to card.

Somewhere along this lesson, i will explain (briefly) about RevMedia IDE
similarities/differences with Office software.

Later we are going to discuss their use of computers in their classes
and their plans to make a better use of resources available in the
web. I will offer them some recommendations about this.

I hope to read more comments about topics and ideas to include in
this 2 days/5 hours presentation of RevMedia.

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro