put put

Malte Pfaff-Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Tue Dec 8 10:18:37 EST 2009

I think something is fishy with libURL in Rev 4. Some script that used
to work in previous versions now breaks with the current engine.

local tPath, tTempPath
     put getServerUrl()&"test.pdf" into tPath
     put the tempname & ".pdf" into tTempPath
     libURLSetStatusCallback "dataupdate",the long id of sb 1 of stack
"progressupdate"
     send "init" to stack "progressUpdate"
     set the filetype to "prvwPDF "
     put URL tPath into URL ("binFile:"& tTempPath)
     libURLSetStatusCallback
     close stack "progressUpdate"
     launch document tTempPath

This works sometimes(on Windows XP), most of the time it does not and
we end up with half downloaded files or 0 byte files. Rather strange,
because until now it used to work. Has anyone else seen strangeness
with put? Any workarounds we could try?

Cheers,

Malte