[ANN] Free tText plugins: Do Shell & Speak2Me

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Dec 7 19:19:47 EST 2009

Jerry Daniels wrote:
> Fellow developers,
>
> We have just posted two more new free plugins for tText: Speck2Me,
> which speaks any text in the editor, and Do Shell which executes any
> text in one tab and puts the results into another. These plugins are
> fully editable in Revolution.

Jerry - I have a few plugins I would love to do - but to be really
useful I need to be able to activate them more conveniently, or more
flexibly, than using the plugin menu. (for example, I'd like to have the
equivalents of Emacs change-case commands

<cmd>-L - make current word lower case, leave cursor at start of next word
<cmd>-U - make current word UPPER case, ....
<cmd>-C = make word Capitalized, ....

Doing that as 3 separate plugins is kind of crazy (and I'd never
remember which order they came in).
Doing it as one plugin, and using modifier keys to choose which action
is chosen is, well, kind of, ok .... that's what I'm using right now -
but unfortunately the modifier keys prevent the use of shortcuts to
trigger menu items, so it's a bit of a pain to use.

So....
Do you have any plans to provide a key-binding mechanism to let tText
plugin developers specify key sequences to activate their plugin ?

-- Alex.