Importing data into RevDB

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Dec 7 12:17:46 EST 2009

David,

I've just imported 30 MB worth of text into a SQLite database over a remote
connection. What I tried using first was a CSV file as well and I could not
make it work. I am importing magazine articles, the comma count is all wrong
and unless I wrote a super dupper RegEx thing to cope with quote values that
can contain commas and quotes up to unlimited levels in a field then it
would never work. I ended up using XML as my data source format and all of a
sudden everything started falling into place.

To go from excel to XML is something I never tried. Maybe there's some
plugin or a CSV to XML tool that works but if you can get your data as XML
then it is easier to parse from Rev.