Is it possible to change the revlet embed html?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Dec 7 11:33:08 EST 2009

> it was impossible to show two revlets on the same page ;-<
> even with two different (or identical) instanceIDs

yes we can! We can show as many revlets as we want on the same page in any
number of instances we want but, you cannot do it with the standard html
that rev generates for you because with that html you have all the divs with
the same id which will spoil the detection javascript code. Now if you head
to http://hg.andregarzia.com/revletobject and use my javascript instead, not
only it will be more readable and thus maintainable but it will also make it
easier to load more revlets because I don't assume div#ids anywhere.

> moreover, it seems that a revlet cannot write a text file onto the
> server!
> I tried first assuming that the standard was that the file is written by
> default in the directory (as for .html files)
> I tried next with the Rev default (to fix "the directory" to the folder
> where the revlet resides): no luck

Yes we can! but you must remember that the revlet executes on the client
machine, so if you want to write to your server you'll need URL calls to the
remote server machine.