Code Samples/Comparisons

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Dec 4 11:23:16 EST 2009

On 04/12/2009 10:57, "viktoras d." <viktoras at ekoinf.net> wrote:

> what about using task/code examples from
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/. Revcoders (us, runrev ltd?..)  will
> still have to write quality examples in Rev which would be a challenge
> :-) Quality of the code there is good enough as computer language
> benchmarks game aims to create the shortest and fastest running
> executables for all the open source languages out there. So both number
> of lines, speed of execution and memory use are taken into account..
>
> I think for the community of revcoders it would be interesting to
> compare revTalk in that context too :-).

I think that's a great idea.

Obviously there are a number of ways to tackle this problem and we will
continue to work on holding a clear and informed debate over the coming
weeks. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions.

For the moment we have updated the comparison at
http://www.runrev.com/pdf/revTalk-Other-Comparison.pdf to better articulate
the point that was intended. We will post a similar discussion and add some
JavaScript examples to the PHP comparison shortly.

We will continue to work on finding good ways to realistically and clearly
make the case for revTalk. It is very good news that there is now a debate
going on.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
RunRev - Software construction for everyone