sending hexadecimal control characters, how to?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 02:11:18 EST 2009

Andre Garzia-3 wrote:

> ....here, due to law, if a software is to interface with a
> receipt printer, then you need to "approve" your software with the
> goverment......Is this so in other countries?
>
> Andre

Not in the UK.  You will have to comply as a business with the various sale
of goods regulations, and of course with the tax regulations, but how you do
it is up to you.  You probably do have to give receipts if asked, but
handwritten ones will be acceptable.

Not that I'm going into the POS business!  This is a one-off.  But if you
do, you don't have to get your stuff approved by anyone, as far as I know.

Peter