tText plugin

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Thu Dec 3 19:55:32 EST 2009

No name...

Propose? I can see this is going to go on for some time. With
questions back and forth.

I'll post to our site when I have the API documented. Then you can get
your filepath.

Non-anonymously,

Jerry Daniels

The latest Rev Editor Video:
http://reveditor.com/feature-friday-drag-n-drop-stacks-0

On Dec 3, 2009, at 6:46 PM, Generic Email wrote:

> How do you propose I do steps 2-6 if I can not find the file path?
>
> On Dec 2, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Jerry Daniels wrote:
>
>> Gen,
>>
>> Why would you need the file path? You've got the text staring you
>> in the face in tText. Look at the two samples that come with the
>> product. They take text from one tab, munge it and then put it into
>> another tab.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jerry Daniels
>>
>> The latest Rev Editor Video:
>> http://reveditor.com/feature-friday-drag-n-drop-stacks-0
>>
>> On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:39 PM, Generic Email wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I would like to write a tText plugin that would execute
>>> the script being edited and put the output into another tab.
>>> I didn't see a way to retrieve the full path of the file currently
>>> being edited.
>>>
>>> So the flow would be something like this:
>>>
>>> 1) Get the full path to the file
>>> 2) see if it is executable
>>> 3) If yes, then execute the file and put output into new tab and
>>> exit
>>> 4) if no, parse first line for #!/path/to/binary