Code Samples/Comparisons

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Thu Dec 3 11:24:13 EST 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Bill Marriott wrote:

> While it won't be the same as getting "recognized experts" [in those other languages] to produce the examples,

As it happens, I'm sure some of us are recognized experts in other languages! But that actually makes the task harder, because we know the easiest ways to do things in those other tools.

Would it be possible to suggest a few examples of easy things to do in Rev, that we could then say how they would be done in other languages? You could then just feature the ones that look a lot more complicated in the other language. It might also be worth listing the ones you're going to use here, for us all to make sure that the other language example was correct. It would be mildly embarrassing to show an example where the other language was a lot longer or harder to read, only to have users of that language say "but nobody would do it that way, there's a much simpler version in our language".