Ethics... and the lack of it.

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Dec 1 17:21:22 EST 2009

Alejandro,

It is not clear to me whether someone created software for someone
else, or whether someone else only asked someone and several others
for a quote.

If someone asks me how much it will cost to do a project, I give an
estimate of how much it will cost me plus a compensation for my time.
This is in no way an indication of the actual value of the software,
which is determined by how much someone can earn with the software.

If someone wants to know the value of software, s/he should try to
find out how much more efficient his or her company runs with that
software or how many licenses s/he can sell rather than how much it
will cost to make the software.

People who ask me for a quote are always free to ask others for a
quote too. Obviously, they are also free to switch to a different
developer (or development platform) as long as they compensate me for
the work that I have already done.

I think that you are worrying about a non-issue. Although I can
understand that one would be disappointed in such a situation, I'd
just feel sorry about the time wasted with making the quotation.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Download Strõm Flow Chart Software
http://flowproject.economy-x-talk.com

Op 1 dec 2009, om 02:37 heeft Alejandro Tejada het volgende geschreven: