Open stack from another stack--Was "PreOpenStack in the IDE"

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 31 17:23:05 EDT 2009

> Hi Jim,
>
> The preOpenStack message is sent. The startUp message isn't.

Hi Mark,

Thanks. On further testing I see that you are right--generally speaking.

My problem is when I attempt to open a stack from a Palette stack
with the statement:

    open stack "mystack"

the stack opens but the PreOpenStack handler is not executed.

On the on the other hand, If I open it from Open in the FIle menu, the
PreOpenStack is executed.

Is there something about opening a stack from another stack that does
not trigger the PreOpenStack message?

Jim Hurley