Snow Leopard

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 29 17:51:41 EDT 2009

François Chaplais wrote:
>> I could be wrong too, but as I understood it, the apps that appeared
>> as bundles were "Cocoa", which the apps that were in single file were
>> "Carbon". On this basis, Rev & the standalones it creates are Cocoa &
>> not Carbon.
>
> Photoshop 7 is a bundle, with "MacOSClassic" and "MacOS" folders in
> the "Contents" folder of the bundle.
> so IMHO, the existence of a bundle does not imply cocoa.

I believe that's correct: the Mach-O bundle format is independent of the
framework used to develop the application.

In older OS X apps you could identify Cocoa apps by the presence of
*.nib (NeXTstep Interface Builder) files in the Resources folder inside
the bundle.  But with more recent Cocoa apps I believe you'll find a
file named "CodeResources" just inside the bundle.

With the long history of the Rev code base and its multi-platform
nature, I doubt it's being built with the Cocoa framework.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World