[OT] Who still uses a Mac PPC?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:57:17 EDT 2009

Dom wrote:
> Richmond Mathewson <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Well, replace it.
>>

>  I am scared about disassembling the iMac G5 ;->

The first time I disassembled a computer (putting a G4 processor
into a G3 beige) I stripped down to my undergarments because I
started to drip sweat (not from heat, from nerves) and was worried
that the new processor would be stuck with that rather than
thermal paste!

However, all went well, and that computer served me well for
another 4 years until the video card burnt out.

0. take a look at this:

http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-157832.html

1. use an antistatic wrist device (i.e. wire yourself up to the
    mains, for the full 'Frankenstein' effect).

2. go very slowly.

it's like "some other things"; neither as difficult, nor as
satisfying as it is cracked up to be!

Best of luck!