long FieldName to owning stackName

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 25 12:29:33 EDT 2009

Scott Morrow wrote:
> I'm guessing that there is an elegant way of deriving the name of the
> owning stack when given the long name of a field.  Unfortunately my
> current strategy feels a chunking hack.  :  )  Ideas?

To add to the mix:

I routinely have this in my main stack script:

function main
   return the short name of me
end main

I learned it from Richard and it is more handy than you'd think. I use
it all the time. If it's a substack name you want, then in most cases
your handler can just get "the short name of this stack" (as long as the
defaultstack is the one that's asking.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com