Vote to disable password protection for revMedia 4 stacks

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Aug 24 01:28:35 EDT 2009

Well Ha! Jai Ganesha! (smile)  I've never been called that until today.
Interesting I had to look it up:  "douche bag: informal, a loathsome or
contemptible person (used as a term of abuse)." Actually I'm not *that* bad,
really...

Seriously, I was the one who mentioned that we want it to "go viral..." and
I could not understand how Randall's discussion of "lock in" and selling
books in a book store without employees on trust relates to the issue of
whether to disable the stack protection feature on the free product
(revMedia)

It seemed we were mixing up the issue of whether the product should be free,
with the issue of whether the free product should allow users to protect
their stacks. i.e. my question on "how does it relate" was not meant as a
jab, but as a real question. He said "People like to be trusted." true...
so, Randall does *not* want password protection of stacks in the free
product? i.e. he's voted with Capellan"? and if so, why?   wasn't clear to
me....it still isn't, I must be dense.

 But, seems most of us are on the same page: we don't want to disable that
feature i.e. let anyone lock their stacks if they want to. Many who are not
just hobbists, but doing "real" work, will not use it if they *can't* secure
their data.