Vote to disable password protection for revMedia 4 stacks

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Sun Aug 23 17:09:58 EDT 2009

I echo francios' sentiment.  Lock-in happens only after viral adoption.  There are of course revenue models other than retail purchase of tool license.  It would be entirely possible to give the product away, and charge only a percentage of a user's income as a result of said tool.  There are tracking and enforcement issues with such a model, but good will and easy uptake by potential paying customers becomes more benevolent and reasonable.  Trust is a valid way to approach one's customers.  When I was in university, there was a bookshop in the local town without employees.  Just a box at the front door.  If you found a book you wanted, you wrote the name of the book on an envelope, put cash in that envelope, and dropped it into the slot on the top of the box as you left.  They said these was far less than theft in other book stores.  People like to be trusted.

randall