Syllabic division of words

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Fri Aug 21 18:59:29 EDT 2009

Somewhere in the apple, microsoft, and unix tech there is code that exposes the phonetic mapping to syllabic chunking within a word or phrase.  It is usually in os best interest to expose hooks into core services to encourage application writing attention.  My point is that this functionality is best placed deep down in the computing stack, not up at the application level where only a small user group can benefit.  If the rev user is required to hunt for external api's... well, forget it.  Not interested.

I am a realist in the extreme richard.  If I advocate a technology its because it is both important and possible.  Mostly I care about tools that can reach down to some salient and causal or formative base that maps structure across domains, access to the control of which will open huge new territories of understanding and automation.  The automation of meaning is to my mind the gateway to vast future exploration and exploitation of complexity.  If I could think of a more important avenue towards the most fecund of futures, I would be working towards that instead.

randall