Interesting radio button behaviour

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 17:54:11 EDT 2009

I stumbled across two more interesting radio button behaviours which
I didn't know before, and mention out of interest.

It seems a right click on a non hilited button deselects the hilited
button without setting a new hilite.  I haven't found any Mac radio
buttons that do this, so I'm not sure whether it is one of those
cross platform compromises.  It could be a gotcha if at least one of
a number of radio buttons should always be hilited.

Using an icon and hilited icon rather than the standard blob exposes
different behaviour.  Even if the autoselect is set to false, *left*
clicking on an unhilited button has the same result as above.

Funny eh?

David G