Syllabic division of words

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Wed Aug 19 18:29:22 EDT 2009

The rules of syllabication are more complex than one would think.
Root words, prefixes, suffixes and quite a few other little things
factor in.  The page Richard cited is good.

di-sas-trous, but re-string

cu-ri-ous

yel-low, but well-be-ing

I wonder if the thing to do would be to buy or acquire a software
dictionary and  somehow strip out the keywords and their corresponding
syllabication, and place them into a new table of one's own.

Mark