Rep : revlet and path

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 19 12:16:16 EDT 2009

Jean-Paul Poccard wrote:

> Tereza snyder wrote on august 06 :
>>
>> "I routinely store application resources in a folder, 'resources',
>> next to my apps that contain all kinds of stuff. I compute paths at
>> startup depending on the effective filename.  Do I have to change my
>> architecture ?"
>

> My problem is te same, and as I a not among the happy few who use
> Enterprise, I cannot yet test but I wonder wether the url of the app on
> the net can be found from inside the revlet.

There's a workaround for now. You can add your own parameters to the
javascript on your web page. These will be returned in "the revletParams
of this stack" as one of the array elements. So you could create a
parameter called "path" and put the URL to the revlet in there, then
read that back in your revlet stack.

It does require customizing the html for every server though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com