Putting Stuff Before the Message Box

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Tue Aug 18 18:35:18 EDT 2009

Peter.

I ran into this during my learning, and unlearning, of rev, coming from HC.

Try these two short scripts, perhaps in a button;

on mouseUp
    select before text of fld "message field" of stack   "message box"
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
    put "select before text of fld" && quote & "message field" & quote &&
"of stack" && quote & "message box" & quote into temp
    send temp to this stack in 15
end mouseUp

The first one selects before msg, as long as there is no selection in msg.
Otherwise it selects the whole line.

The second works always.

It is just the way Rev works. I have modified my msg box, carefully, to
make it work more like HC. I have been warned this is a dicey thing to do.

Craig Newman