Challenge: How can we set the rect of a polygon to its visual rect? (and a tentative solution)

dfepstein at comcast.net dfepstein at comcast.net
Mon Aug 17 02:10:08 EDT 2009

It appears that Rev defines the rect of a regular polygon to be the rectangle that encloses all possible rotations of that polygon.  To see this, create a regular polygon as graphic 1, create a rectangle as graphic 2, in the message box "set the rect of grc 1 to the rect of grc 2," and then set the angle of grc 1 to various numbers.

This seems like a useful enough feature that I wouldn't call it a bug.

David Epstein