[OT] iPhone development

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:57:10 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 12:56 PM, jim sims<sims at ezpzapps.com> wrote:
> I'm curious, has anyone on the list actually made an iPhone app?
>
> Also curious, is there anyone here who could make an iPhone app?
>
> Reason for the questions: I'm discussing a few things with a
> potential/possible client and want to be ready for all circumstances they
> might throw at me. I'm suspecting an iPhone app might be one of several
> things they want.

I have, but it isn't available on the App store yet as the application
submission process is designed for Americans with a US tax ID, not for
Australian independent developers who are not registered for company
tax :-( However, I am working through it all and I'll get there in the
end.

I have a second project in the works, but it is being thoroughly
prototyped in Rev first.

As regards who can program for the iPhone, I can recommend a couple of
books for anyone interested in learning. While it is still C,
Objective-C is about as nice as C can get and once you get used to how
things are done, it isn't that difficult. Apple has lot of example
projects too.

Cheers,
Sarah