Importing gMail?

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 14 17:30:29 EDT 2009

> It
> looks like you're trying to do a survey. Perhaps there's a better way
> than simple email responses. If you have on-rev you could make a form
> that collects response and allows only one vote per IP.
> It could keep the tally in a simple text
> file. Not idiot proof but fine for a small group. You should be
> able to do
> the same thing using the plugin.
>
> And yes, you could make a thing that gathers emails, but it would
> have to
> allow 1 vote per email, and write some kind of form to work inside the
> email. A lot more trouble, IMHO than making a simple web page.
>
> -------------------------
> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco
> http://barncard.com
> End of use-revolution Digest, Vol 71, Issue 25

Stephen,

You are probably right about using doing this on the  web.
I'm not concerned about duplicate "voting". This really a query about
how people in the neighborhood are dealing with the fire insurance
problem. I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills and as you know,
California's rural areas burn down every summer and insurance is
getting to be a problem.

The responses will be open ended narratives, so the reply windows
need to scroll. I'm afraid my Web skill may not be up to the task. I
need to work on this, particularly how to get the responses returned
to me.

Thanks for your advice.

Jim Hurley