Logtalk . . .

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:42:38 EDT 2009

Fioch!

http://logtalk.org/documentation.html

download the PDF  user and reference manuals
and learn why Runtime Revolution is really
marvellous.

and after that b*tchy remark . . .

nothing really.

Just reminded me how lucky I was to have hopped
from PASCAL 5 (1986) to HyperCard (1993) with
nothing but BBC BASIC in between (which, after all
was really a fairly retrograde step). And then (with a brief
'aberration' with ToolBook) straight to Runtime Revolution.

HOWEVER . . . note that the name of the supposedly object-oriented
language [maybe I'm a bit stupid (don't all shout at once),
but how a programming language without some sort of
a visual IDE can be 'object-oriented' escapes me.

"Logtalk is an open source object-oriented logic programming language
that can use most Prolog implementations as a back-end compiler.
As a multi-paradigm language, Logtalk includes support for both
prototypes and
classes, protocols, component-based programming through category-based
composition,
event-driven programming, and multi-threading programming."

Now the same may be said about Runtime Revolution's programming
language, but, thank God, it isn't said, as types like me curl up and die
in the face of red-hot jargon.

And once you have installed Logtalk:

it can be found at (well at least on my Mac . . .)

HD4/opt/local/share/lgt2373/wenv/xcode/Logtalk

PUG UGLY!