Importing gMail?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:28:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:15 AM, James Hurley<jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I'm thinking of sending a query (kind of an open ended survey) via gMail to
> members of my neighborhood association.
>
> I'm expecting a couple hundred replies. Is there some way to import the
>
> I've come to believe that there is nothing that members of this list cannot
> do. Is this a bridge too far?

Hi Jim,

I was going to suggest enabling Gmail's POP access and using my POP
library to get the emails, but after checking, I see Gmail's POP uses
SSL on port 995 which my library does not do.

However you can set up Gmail to forward all emails to another address
and if you use one with standard POP access, then you can certainly
use my POP library as the basis for an email reader. You can download
the library and a sample stack from <http://www.troz.net/rev/>.

Cheers,
Sarah