Importing gMail?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Aug 13 21:37:05 EDT 2009

It's easy to make a spaminator in Rev, but a good email list program should
have features like list management, user authentication and unsubscribe, and
bounced email management. Look at the features in the most popular mail list
server, Mailman, which indeed is the software that manages the Rev lists.
Most ISPs offer it for free. 'Several Hundred' recipients sounds like a lot
of users to handle without those features.
It
looks like you're trying to do a survey. Perhaps there's a better way
than simple email responses. If you have on-rev you could make a form
that collects response and allows only one vote per IP.
It could keep the tally in a simple text
file. Not idiot proof but fine for a small group. You should be able to do
the same thing using the plugin.

And yes, you could make a thing that gathers emails, but it would have to
allow 1 vote per email, and write some kind of form to work inside the
email. A lot more trouble, IMHO than making a simple web page.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://barncard.com