New user question

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:58:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Steve Jones<stevejones at mac.com> wrote:
> on mouseUp
>   go stack "VoluntTracker Volunteers"
>   wait 3 seconds
>   beep
>   wait 3 seconds
>   show stack "VoluntTracker Volunteers"
> end mouseUp
>
> I put the beep in to test to be sure it was running.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> button "New Volunteer": execution error at line 6 (Chunk: can't find stack),
> char 4

I can't see why your script should fail, unless there is a typo in the
name - perhaps an extra space or some invisible character.
But try this:

on mouseUp
   go invisible stack "VoluntTracker Volunteers"
   wait 3 seconds with messages
   show stack "VoluntTracker Volunteers"
end mouseUp

The "wait with messages" allows other things to happen e.g. moving or
resizing windows, so it doesn't seem like your app has frozen.

HTH,
Sarah