New user question

Steve Jones stevejones at mac.com
Thu Aug 13 17:50:12 EDT 2009

Hello!  I am new to RR but have used SuperCard for many years an
amateur and HyperCard before that.  I'm working on my first project
and I had a question.  I have a stack with 2 substacks.  (I love the
idea of substacks, btw).  From the main stack I want to open a
substack but keep it invisible,  then later show it.  In SuperCard it
would be:

open invisible project projectName
show project projectName (or:  set the invisible of project
projectName to true)

I seem to be able to use
open invisible stack stackName

at least I don't get an error.  But later in the script when I try to
show or set the visible of the stack to true, I get an error that the
stack can't be found.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Steve