Transcript should be called Transcript

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 12:52:11 EDT 2009

It's not really our decision, no matter how long we have used
HyperTalk/Metacard/Revolution for.... Runrev did their survey and
asked us what we thought about the various options.  If someone missed
their opportunity to voice an opinion at that stage it's unfortunate.
But even for those of us who did voice an opinion, it was just our
opinion (at this stage I can't even remember what preferences I
expressed).

Personally I liked 'transcript' as the name of the language, because
it conveyed the fundamental aims of being cross-platform and being one
of the most dynamically scriptable (as opposed to compilable)
languages.

Having said that, I'm quite sure that having a distinctive term like
'irev' or 'revtalk' (as much as they might go against my aesthetics or
philosophy) is going to serve Runrev the company (and hopefully
Revolution the IDE) well.  If Revolution is going to become a fish in
a bigger pond of web scripting/browser plugins, people are going to
need to be able to search on google/yahoo for information, references,
blogs, etc.  Words like 'Revolution' or 'Transcript' by themselves
return far too many hits that are not relevant for prospective users.

Just my 2c.

Bernard