answer folder --> volumes

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Thu Aug 13 03:12:13 EDT 2009

I'm trying to open the answer folder dialogue to display the mounted
volumes.

This works:

answer folder  "Where is the volume" with "/Volumes"

Unfortunately the dialogue window shows each volume icon as an alias.
While acceptable, I would prefer a view like the one that happens if
the user's machine (still in the answer folder dialogue) is clicked in
the sidebar, which then shows actual volume icons.  I'm unsure of the
how to get this path because it doesn't register as a folder itself,
only enabling the "Choose" button after a volume has been selected.
Passing the label of the "option menu" at the top of the dialogue as
the path didn't seem to work either    :  )
rev 3.5
OSX 10.5.8

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software