Drop destination path

Tariel Gogoberidze tariel at mac.com
Wed Aug 12 22:09:56 EDT 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:35:22 +0200, Klaus Major wrote:

>> if I drop some text or image from Revolution into some arbitrary
>> folder on hard disk, how do I get the path to this folder?
>
> I also would like to get this, but I'm afraid there is no way to get
> the "dropdestination" from oustside of Rev/MC.
>
> Hopefully someone will proof me wrong :-)
>
> Klaus Major

It just escapes me why Rev team didn't implement something like
dropDestinationPath while rewriting drag and drop routines.

OK, I have a list field with movie names that represents movies
stored on remote FTP server. Sort of specialized FTP client.
I need a user to be able to drag line with movie name out of this
field and drop to any arbitrary folder which would initiate movie
download from FTP server.
I have it all covered except I can't figure out the path to this
arbitrary folder on which user drops the movie name. Any work around
for this?

best
Tariel