Releasing Memory and Virtual Memory

Derek Bump userevolution at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Aug 11 22:42:44 EDT 2009

My apologies to everyone for wasting your time...

My script is setup so images that can be exported by Revolution (JPEG,
GIF, PNG and Paint) are done so by Revolution, and all other image
formats are exported using the EnhancedQT External.

The variable holding the destination file type info was incorrect,
resulting in my if-then comparisons always skipping the built-in
Revolution exporting, and utilizing the EnhancedQT External.

This constant usage of EnhancedQT for converting and exporting 100+
images would result in the memory buildup.  It now seems that this
problem is resolved, but I still have to figure out a way of getting
EnhancedQT to release it's hold on my memory.

But all in all, I know that all of the suggestions that everyone gave
have allowed me to optimize my script to make it run even faster than it
did before.

Thanks to everyone that helped with this.  I really appreciate it.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com

Compress your photos quickly and easily with JPEGCompress 2.9!
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/products/jpegcompress/