printing reduced graphics

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Aug 10 18:34:17 EDT 2009

Hi Gang,
I've had this personal app in Rev that creates CD labels from Waveburner
rundown files. This was originally an HC stack but I converted to Runrev
years ago and made many improvements. One feature was to include image
controls on the card to print those images.   When I started using this app,
I used .pct images because they were uncompressed and would scale nicely and
print with more resolution when reduced.   Unfortunately, PICT files are now
not encouraged and are not cross platform. So I went to .png graphics, which
can do transparency, it seemed like a good fit and seemed to work as well in
earlier versions of Rev.
However, in the recent versions (3.0) they print terribly, are all fuzzy.
What happened? Is there some antialiasing that should be turned off or what?
My graphics look like dirt again. I looked at some earlier printings and
they looked great.

I'm using *print card*  using the dialogs. Hide a few control groups, 'take'
the print snapshot, restore the groups. It's a standalone on Mac OS 10.5.7

sqb